Explore gramar with these fun websites. They're off-the-wall practice, even raising money for charity!
Has your instructor told you to proofread your papers? Have you run spellchecker but don't know what else to look for? This checklist can help!
Learn which common errors you make with, and then learn how to avoid them in the list below or the matching tab above.
1) Check for run-on sentences - Two or more independent clauses joined without a conjunction.
2) Check for sentence fragments - A phrase or clause that is not a complete grammatical sentence.
Note - If you're having trouble with sentences, review the three types above - Simple, Compound, and Complex.
3) Check to make sure you have used the correct verb:
4) Check that you use pronouns correctly:
5) Check for commonly confused words such as their, there, and they're.
6) Check your punctuation. Try circling every punctuation mark on your rough draft to make it stand out as you read it.
Clearwater Learning Support Commons
Downtown Learning Support Commons
Gibbs Learning Support Commons
Midtown Learning Support Commons
Seminole Learning Support Commons
Tarpon Springs Learning Support Commons