It is straight forward to migrate the contents of your Refworks account into your Mendeley account.
What you do is generate a coded text file of all the citations in your Refworks account, save that as a .txt file, and then import that file in to Mendeley. Here are step by step instructions to complete that process:
- To maintain the file structure which exists in your Refworks account, you need to export each folder individually. To do that, right click on a Refworks folder name, select 'Export', and then 'Bibliographic Software (Endnote, Reference Manager, ProCite)'.
- If you want to export your entire Refworks account all at once, hover over 'References' and select 'Export'.
- On the next screen, select 'Bibliographic Software (Endnote, Reference Manager, ProCite)'
- When the page has downloaded, you will see this message in the bottom right of your screen.
- Click to open the file. It will look like this: