Evaluate Your Sources
Does your research pass the CRAAP test?
Check this link to learn more: http://www.gettysburg.edu/library/research/tips/webeval/
RefWorks Video Introduction
Watch a video on how to use the citation management software, RefWorks.
Get a CLUE! College Library User Education
Make your appointment today!
SPC or UPC students can get personalized one-on-one or group research help from your Seminole librarians.
- Help locating information on a specific research topic
- Use the service as often as needed
- New students and faculty may use this service as a library orientation
- Learn to use SPC's library resources to find articles, books and more
- Explore e-book options and streaming video
- Each session lasts between 20-40 minutes
- CLUE is available by appointment only
- A CLUE session can be held in person or by phone
CLUE sessions are for Seminole campus students and online Seminole courses.
Fill out the Appointment Request Form and we will contact you ASAP!
OR call or email:
Jennifer Gregor @ 727-394-6184 email@example.com
Linda Reifler-Alessi @ 727-394-6917 firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to working with you!
F.I.N.D.S. is a model you can use when conducting research or responding to an information need. Its name is an acronym for the five steps of the process: Focus, Investigate, Note, Develop, and Score.
Whenever you are faced with an information need, you can use the F.I.N.D.S. model to keep yourself on track. Use of the model can minimize the time you spend deciding what information you need, looking for relevant information, using the information you find, coming to your conclusion or making your decision, and evaluating your product and process.
Click on the tabs across the top of this page to discover the actions that are involved in each step of the model. Links to resources that will help you in the research process are included within each step.
I hope that you discover the advantages of the F.I.N.D.S. model and use it whenever you have an information problem.