What are Databases?
- Databases are collections of articles from journals and magazines.
- You can access thousands of articles (general or scholarly).
- SPC Libraries subscribe to over 50 databases!
- Databases are accessible through the Finding Articles section of the library web site.
- In order to access our databases you must be enrolled in a class within the current semester.
- You can access databases off-campus. You will need to provide your Borrower ID (Student Number) and PIN (last 4-digits of your Social Security Number). If you receive an error please contact a librarian.
- There are some databases/ e-journals, mainly in the Health and Medicine field, that require a unique username and password. Please ask a reference librarian if you need to access one of these databases/e-journals.
- When using most style formats, (e.g., MLA, APA), you will need to cite an article from a database differently than an article from a print publication.
Most databases will feature definitions, tips, and search suggestions. These will often be accessible through a HELP link at the top of a database's webpage.
Need More Help?
For additional assistance, consult your campus librarian at:
- St. Pete/ Gibbs Library: 341-7177
- Clearwater Library: 791-2411
- Health Education Center Library: 341-3775
- Tarpon Springs Library: 712-5719
- Allstate Center: 341-4486
- Seminole Library: 394-6905
- Downtown Campus Library: 341-7199