1. LexisNexis Academic has Florida Statutes Annotated - this is a great place to start your research.
2. LexisNexis Academic has annotated Florida cases.
3. When a document or annotation in LexisNexis Academic references another document, a direct link to the referenced document is provided.
1. You CANNOT Shepardize statutes in LexisNexis Academic - you can ONLY Shepardize cases.
2. Florida Jurisprudence (FlaJur) is NOT in LexisNexis Academic. The Clearwater campus does have the up-to-date print set of FlaJur.
3. You will not find treatises in LexisNexis Academic. We have many treatises in the Clearwater print collection.
4. LexisNexis Academic does not contain Florida Causes of Action - we have the print version at the Clearwater campus.
1. LexisNexis Academic does not have a very intuitive search platform. Use the tutorials on this guide and the tutorials available within LexisNexis Academic (on the left side of the home screen). Contact your librarian if you need help.
Searching is not case sensitive (use of capital letters vs. small letters do not matter.)
Use truncation and wildcards to include word variations. The truncation (!) and wildcard (*) characters let you easily combine or eliminate search terms, making your search simpler.
Link the search terms using connectors. Connectors such as OR, AND, W/N, and so on define relationships between your search terms. USE:
If you use two or more of the same connector, they operate left to right. If the "n" (number) connectors have different numbers, the smallest number is operated on first. Example: bankrupt! W/25 discharg! AND student OR college OR education W/5 loan -- is searched in the following manner:
Adapted from LNA Tutorials